The Schandl family of Rust is one of the best-known wine growers of the Neusiedl Lake area; their devotees come for wine tastings and stay for dinner. For good, simple food to go along with their excellent wine, join the locals at this popular Buschenschank (inn). The buffet offers a selection of sausages, salads, cheeses, and pickles, as well as a few hot dishes that change daily. You can also order entrées from the menu, such as roast pork with sauerkraut or soft cheese wrapped in bacon. There's a pleasant courtyard for outdoor dining in summer.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's