A lovingly renovated burgher's house—the town's oldest—at the top of the main square houses an excellent and imaginative restaurant. Light natural woods and vaulted ceilings set the tone in a series of smaller rooms; in summer there's an outside garden. The menu depends on what's fresh, and might include grilled fish or Weiner schnitzel made with organic veal. Finish with apple strudel or marzipan. The complex also includes four comfortable apartments. Under the same management is the Burgerhaus at Hauptstrasse 1, with another 10 modern, spacious apartments.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's