- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Neusiedl am See
Neusiedl am See, at the north end of the lake for which it is named, is a pleasant resort town with good facilities. Direct hourly commuter trains from Vienna have made it very popular, so you won't be alone here. To reach the lake, where you can rent small boats, swim, or just laze on the beach, follow the main street for three blocks east of the Hauptplatz and turn right on Seestrasse. In the town itself, visit the ruins of the 13th-century hill fortress Ruine Tabor and the 15th-century parish church near the town hall.
Neusiedl am See at a Glance
Elsewhere in Vienna Woods, Lake Neusiedler, and the Danube River
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's