- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Zur Traube Review
Just past the manicured lawns of Schloss Grafenegg, this elegant tavern was the beginning of the culinary empire founded by fiercely ambitious owner Toni Mörwald, and—after some near financial disasters—his sanctuary. The seasonal menu of classic Austrian dishes with a fresh slant may include Waldviertler duck with asparagus and Schupfnudeln (Austrian-style gnocchi), or grilled Saiblingsfilet (char) with tomato and zucchini risotto. Mörwald has his own winery and distillery, and a glass of his golden Gelbe Muskateller or sauvignon blanc provides the perfect accompaniment. He offers 10 different cooking-lesson programs and overnight packages in his four-star hotel-villa opposite.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Austria Experience IExplore
- $499 & up -- Transatlantic Cruises to Europe, Save $100 Norwegian Cruise Line
- Regal Central Europe IExplore
- Regal Central Europe — $9,895 IExplore
Three Meals, Three Countries Part I: Storks in Austria!
Obligation-free Saturdays were a rarity for us in the US, and we often "wasted" them by running errands, tending the yard, and so forth. As the Trailing Read more
We recently completed a Gate 1 Danube River Cruise with a 3 night pre-cruise extension in Prague and a 2 night post-cruise extension in Budapest.
In Prague, we stayed at the 5* Hotel Imperial, a lovely Read more
Hello everyone! Read more
· News & Features
Niagara Falls is a bucket-list-worthy sight to behold, whether you're ogling it from the Canada side, ... Read more
A sculpture of a Greek goddess welcomes you in from the streets of London's Soho neighborhood.... Read more
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more