- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Bad Hall is a relic from earlier days, when "taking the cure" was in vogue in Europe. It's still a spa, and its saline-iodine waters are prescribed for both internal and external complaints.
The town makes for an enjoyable stop, with its turn-of-the-20th-century frills and houses. During a stroll through the center of town, take a break and enjoy a coffee accompanied by the homemade Bad Haller Torte at the best patisserie in the area, Cafe Pürstinger at Hauptplatz 11. There are music festivals in summer and numerous sports offerings during warm weather—including excellent opportunities for golf and tennis.
Elsewhere in The Danube Valley
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Austria Experience IExplore
- $499 & up -- Transatlantic Cruises to Europe, Save $100 Norwegian Cruise Line
- Regal Central Europe IExplore
- Regal Central Europe — $9,895 IExplore