Adjacent to Gosau's pretty parish church, this inn is evidence of the venerable tradition of locating town restaurants next to houses of worship (on Sunday all the farmers would attend the service and afterward head for the nearest table and discuss what happened during the past week). Mentioned in town records as early as 1596, the inn here has now been much restored and built up in typical modern Alpine decor—woodwork, mounted antlers, hunter greens, bright reds. The current hosts, the Peham family, are proud of their restaurant and its rich breakfast buffet. Best bets for other meals include broth with strudel of minced meat, or the homemade noodles with cheese and white cabbage salad, or the plums with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream. In August the inn hosts some festive concerts with a traditional Trachtenmusikkapelle, a brass band dressed in folkloric costume.