- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- on the lake
- pretty views
- old-fashioned rooms
Check Rates from our Partners
Grüner Baum Review
Glowing with a daffodil-yellow facade, sitting directly on the shore of the lake, and at the foot of a picture-perfect square, this traditional inn is one of Hallstatt's most memorable accommodations. Dating from 1760, it was the house of the most important salt trader in town. Today its renovated interiors are friendly and homey; family pets sit near the reception desk on 19th-century armchairs, offering a special welcome. Rooms are simply furnished; try to get one with a balcony facing the lake.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In early September 2013, we had a trip to Europe, covering 14 cities in 15 days. Read more
This is a long overdue trip report on our first trip to Europe during summer 2013.
A little background: We are a family with two little girls, 6 and 4 years of age, who have traveled extensively in Asia Read more
Hi all - looking for some good advice for a trip we are planning mid to late May of 2015. Read more
· News & Features
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more