- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- German Phrases
Top Reasons to Go to Salzkammergut
Fairy-tale landscape. The lakes and mountains resemble the pictures in a children's book.
Bad Ischl. This town, where the rich and famous have long come for the healing waters, was Emperor Franz Josef's summer retreat in the 19th century.
Cradle of culture. Vienna and Salzburg may get all the credit, but the composers who made those cities cultural capitals came to this part of Austria to hear the music in the air.
Sports abound. Everyone knows about the region's great ski resorts, but there is an endless array of summer sports as well.Updated: 06-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's