- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
The Old City, composed of several interconnecting squares and narrow streets, is best seen on foot. Salzburg's official licensed guides offer a one-hour walking tour through the Old City every day at 12:15, which starts in front of the Information Mozartplatz (EUR 9—owners of the Salzburg Card get a reduced fee).
Several local companies conduct 1½- to 2-hour city tours. The tour will be in a minibus, since large buses can't enter the Old City. Tours briefly cover the major sights in Salzburg, including Mozart's Birthplace, the festival halls, the major squares, the churches, and the palaces at Hellbrunn and Leopoldskron. Bob's Special Tours is well known to American visitors—the company offers a 10% discount to Fodor's readers who book directly with them without help from their hotel. Salzburg Panorama Tours and Salzburg Sightseeing Tours offer similar tours.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Salzburg Savings! Book 3 Nts in Jun Fr $145+/Nt Expedia
- Goldenes Theater in Jun: $299 & Up Expedia
- $96 & Up: Schone Aussicht 3-Star Hotel in Salzburg — $96 Save with Expedia, $43/night less
- Save in Salzburg: Book 3 Nts in Jun Fr $151+/Nt — $151 Expedia
- Save in Salzburg: Book 3 Nts in Jun Fr $126+/Nt — $126 Expedia