A top beer paradise is the Stieglkeller, by the funicular station of the Hohensalzburg tram. The noted local architect Ceconi devised this sprawling place around 1901. The Keller is partly inside the Mönchsberg hill, so its cellars guarantee the quality and right temperature of the drinks. The gardens here have chestnut trees and offer a marvelous view above the roofs of the Old City—a lovely place to enjoy your Bauernschmaus (farmer's dish).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In early September 2013, we had a trip to Europe, covering 14 cities in 15 days. Some of them were passing through, but we still had a v... Read more
This is a long overdue trip report on our first trip to Europe during summer 2013. A little background: We are a family with two lit... Read more