- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Gasthof Hohlwegwirt Review
It's worth a detour on the way to Hallein along the B159 Salzachtal-Bundesstrasse about 10 km (6 mi) south of Salzburg to dine at this inviting inn, run by the same family for more than 130 years. Enjoy the cooking, the wine cellar filled with more than 100 different vintages, and the unmistakable atmosphere of this stile Salzburg house with its nicely decorated salons. Chef Ernst Kronreif uses his mother's recipes for the delicious Butternockerlsuppe (soup broth with buttered dumplings), the Kalbsbries (calf's sweetbreads), or the Salzburger Bierfleisch (beef boiled in beer)—all Salzburgian classics and yet always so up-to-date.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In early September 2013, we had a trip to Europe, covering 14 cities in 15 days. Read more
This is a long overdue trip report on our first trip to Europe during summer 2013.
A little background: We are a family with two little girls, 6 and 4 years of age, who have traveled extensively in Asia Read more
Hi, there. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more