- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Zell am Ziller
Zell, main town of the Zellertal—one of the many beautiful Alpine valleys of the Tirol—is not only noted for its traditional 500-year-old Gauder-Fest, but it has also developed into a center of summer activities. In this typical Tyrolean country town you can choose to stay in one of a dozen hotels or bed-and-breakfast pensionen without having to pay the prices of the posh resorts. Families enjoy the Fun-arena, which has water glides and a roller coaster for kids while grown-ups can try rafting or paragliding.
Zell am Ziller at a Glance
Elsewhere in Innsbruck, Tirol, and Vorarlberg
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's