- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
There is more here than the Bregenz festival. The annual Tyrolean calendar is packed with special events: the famous Schemenlaufen, a procession of carved wooden masks, held in February in Imst; the Fasching balls, which reach their peak at the end of February; the Hahnenkamm ski race and curling competition held in winter in Kitzbühel; the world-famous Gauder Fest at Zell am Ziller during the first weekend in May; the castle concerts and music and dance festivals in summer, primarily in Kufstein and Innsbruck; the ceremonial Almabtrieb in autumn, when the farmers bring down their richly adorned cattle from mountain pastures down to the valley for the winter; and the many village harvest festivals in the fall throughout Tirol.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe