- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
St. Anton am Arlberg
Tucked between the entrance to the Arlberg Tunnel and the railway, St. Anton swarms with visitors at the height of the season. The wealthy, the prominent, and occasionally, the royal, appear regularly—some even to enjoy the winter sports. Their presence boosts prices to the very-expensive-to-outrageous category, but if you shop around you can find accommodations outside the center of the action at a bearable price. St. Anton is a particularly lovely town in summer—which has also become a fashionable season.
Thanks to an amazing system of cable cars, a double chairlift, and interconnected T-bars, St. Anton grants skiers access to the Arlberg region's enormous 300-odd km (200-odd miles) of marked runs. If you decide to take to the slopes, remember that skiing remains serious business in St. Anton: many slopes are so steep you'll be sharing them with mountain climbers.
St. Anton am Arlberg at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Elsewhere in Innsbruck, Tirol, and Vorarlberg
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's