- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Sölden's newest addition to its already massive lift network is the "Black Blade," which carries eight at a time more than 9,800 feet to the Rettenbach glacier, completing the only lift system in Austria to boast skiing on three mountains more than 9,800 feet high. The view from any of the three peaks provides a panoramic 360-degree view of the mountains. Sölden's reputation as a wild, après-ski party town is well deserved, meaning that if you are searching for a tranquil, romantic ski holiday, or have small children, you may want to try the village of Hochsölden —on the slopes above town, where things are quieter—or search elsewhere.
Sölden at a Glance
Elsewhere in Innsbruck, Tirol, and Vorarlberg
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe