- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- a genuine castle, yet modern where needed
- excellent kitchen
- a bit far from the lower town, where the action is
Check Rates from our Partners
This 400-year-old castle with its baroque tower has inspired paintings by Turner and Schiele. You will find antiques in many of the public rooms. Guest rooms are tastefully furnished and have polished wood floors and lovely wainscoting. The owner, who is also the chef of the hotel's highly regarded restaurant, offers gourmet cooking classes on request. Specialties include beautifully presented pike-perch on a bed of pumpkin puree with baby asparagus. If you want a blowout meal in a lovely, romantic setting, this is the place to go. In summer try to get a table in the charming courtyard.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In early September 2013, we had a trip to Europe, covering 14 cities in 15 days. Read more
This is a long overdue trip report on our first trip to Europe during summer 2013.
A little background: We are a family with two little girls, 6 and 4 years of age, who have traveled extensively in Asia Read more
We have time to take a trip from May 23-31. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail ... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more