- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Following an avalanche of catastrophic proportion on February 23, 1999, that took dozens of lives and destroyed many centuries-old homes and guesthouses, the community of Galtür undertook a massive building project resulting in the Alpinarium, which is at once a memorial, museum, conference center, café, indoor climbing hall, library, and, most significantly, a 1,132-foot-long wall built of steel and concrete designed to prevent such an accident from occurring again. On summer Saturdays, 10–4, the Bauernmarkt (farmers' market) sets up in front of the Alpinarium, bringing produce, cheese, meat, and specialty products.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In early September 2013, we had a trip to Europe, covering 14 cities in 15 days. Read more
This is a long overdue trip report on our first trip to Europe during summer 2013.
A little background: We are a family with two little girls, 6 and 4 years of age, who have traveled extensively in Asia Read more
My cousins and I will be in Europe from Dec 6 - 29, and we're trying to fit in a loose itinerary. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more