Innsbruck, Tirol, and Vorarlberg Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Innsbruck, Tirol, and Vorarlberg Restaurant Reviews
The gastronomic scene of Austria's westernmost provinces is as varied as its landscape: first-rate gourmet restaurants, traditional inns, rustic local taverns, as well as international chains and ethnic cuisine are all part of the mix. In small towns throughout the region restaurants are often the dining rooms of country inns, and there are plenty of these.
Most restaurants housed in hotels and resorts will be closed in the off-season, usually November and April. In ski season breakfast is typically served early enough so that you can hit the slopes, and dinner early enough for the tired-out to get to bed and rest up for the next day.
Restaurants range from grand-hotel dining salons to little Wirtshäuser, rustic restaurants where you can enjoy hearty local specialties like Gröstl (a skillet dish made of beef, potatoes, and onions), Knödel (dumpling) soup, or Schweinsbraten (roast pork with sauerkraut), while sitting on highly polished wooden seats (rather hard ones!). Don't forget to enjoy some of the fine Innsbruck coffeehouses, famous for their scrumptious cakes and cappuccino.
Browse Innsbruck, Tirol, and Vorarlberg Restaurants
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's