- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Just down (literally) the road from the Zürs resort, Lech is a full-fledged community—which some argue detracts from its fashionableness. But there are more hotels in Lech, better tourist facilities, bigger ski schools, more shops, and more nightlife, with prices nearly as high as those in neighboring Zürs. Lech is a less artificial and very pretty Alpine village, which is perhaps why more members of European royalty check in here. Be sure to check with the hotel of your choice about meal arrangements; some hotels recommend that you take half-board, which is usually a good deal. You can't get to Zürs or Lech via rail; take the train to Langen am Arlberg station stop, then transfer to a bus.
Lech at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Elsewhere in Innsbruck, Tirol, and Vorarlberg
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe