Innsbruck, Tirol, and Vorarlberg Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Top Reasons to Go to Innsbruck, Tirol, and Vorarlberg
The Ötz Valley: Outdoors enthusiasts love hiking through this region because of rich green pastures in summer and glittering expanses of white in winter.
Fancy skiing areas: Known around the world for its posh resorts, Tirol is where high-society types gather to experience the good life.
Tyrolean Stuben: These warm and cozy wooden parlors, often found today in hotels and restaurants, are traditionally part of old farmhouses in Tirol.
Bernstein in Bregenz: With the sun setting over Lake Constance and the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra striking up the overture of West Side Story on the world's biggest floating stage, this is an unparalleled place to see an opera or a musical.
See four countries at once: Take the cable car up Pfänder, the mountain behind Bregenz; the views are incredible: Swiss mountains on your left, German rolling hills on your right, Liechtenstein to your left in the Rhine valley, Austria below your feet, and the glittering expanse of Lake Constance stretching 40 miles into the hazy distance.
Experience top hospitality in a top village: The Gasthof Post is a bit like Lech itself—full of charming understatement. Teatime in overstuffed armchairs for all houseguests will prepare you for a delicious dinner. You'll never want to leave.Updated: 06-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's