- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Gothic houses with colorful frescoes grace this typically Tyrolean mountain village.
The parish church of St. George and St. Nicholas, whose tower was once a charnel house, sits on a rock promontory above the village. The small St. Michael's Chapel also has a splendid altar dating from 1683.
About 3 km (2 mi) southwest of the town lies the deep-green lake of Piburg, the warmest lake in Tirol. It's a nice place for swimming and hiking.
Elsewhere in Innsbruck and Tirol
- Going, Ellmau and Söll
- Hall in Tirol
- Ischgl and Galtür
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 4-Star Austria Trend Congress Fr $158+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $14/night less
- Innsbruck Savings! Book at Tyrolis Fr $127+/Nt Expedia
- 5-Star Grand Europa Fr $200+/Nt — $200 Save with Hotels.com, $23/night less
- Book in Innsbruck: Save at the Alp Innsbruck in May Fr $190+/Nt — $190 Expedia
- $145 & Up: Cheap Innsbruck Stay — $145 Hotels.com