- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Both easy paths and extreme slopes await hikers and climbers. From June to October holders of the Club Innsbruck card can take free, daily, guided mountain hikes. The tourist office has a special hiking brochure. Alpine School Innsbruck. If you want to learn to rock climb, look to the Alpine School Innsbruck. Natters, In der Stille 1, Innsbruck, Tirol. 0512/546000-0. www.asi.at.
Österreichischer Alpenverein. If you're already an experienced Kletterer (rock climber), check in with the Österreichischer Alpenverein. Wilhelm-Greil-Strasse 15, Innsbruck, Tirol. 0512/59547-0.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Austria Experience IExplore
- $499 & up -- Transatlantic Cruises to Europe, Save $100 Norwegian Cruise Line
- Regal Central Europe IExplore
- Regal Central Europe — $9,895 IExplore