- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- amenities of modern grand hotel
- huge lobby setting you back 100 years
- faded glory of the beginning of the 20th century
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Panhans Review
Built in 1888, this classic and popular mountain-lodge resort is near the center of town. The main lodge has retained its characteristic Art Nouveau ambience, while a luxurious modern annex is connected by an enclosed walkway to the main building. Rooms are quite large, some with faux French Empire furniture and others with alcove-equipped sleeping areas and a Jugendstil slant. A few rooms offer balconies, but all have spectacular views. Poached char in a crayfish-butter sauce with cilantro noodles and crispy duck breast with leek ravioli are among the entrées at the elegant Wintergarten restaurant. Wines are excellent, and the hotel's vinothek offers tastings.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Austria Experience IExplore
- $499 & up -- Transatlantic Cruises to Europe, Save $100 Norwegian Cruise Line
- Regal Central Europe IExplore
- Regal Central Europe — $9,895 IExplore
Three Meals, Three Countries Part I: Storks in Austria!
Obligation-free Saturdays were a rarity for us in the US, and we often "wasted" them by running errands, tending the yard, and so forth. As the Trailing Read more
We recently completed a Gate 1 Danube River Cruise with a 3 night pre-cruise extension in Prague and a 2 night post-cruise extension in Budapest.
In Prague, we stayed at the 5* Hotel Imperial, a lovely Read more
Hello everyone! Read more
· News & Features
Niagara Falls is a bucket-list-worthy sight to behold, whether you're ogling it from the Canada side,... Read more
A sculpture of a Greek goddess welcomes you in from the streets of London's Soho neighborhood.... Read more
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more