- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
The small size of Werfen, adorned with 16th-century buildings and a lovely baroque church, belies its importance, for it's the base for exploring three extraordinary attractions: the largest and most fabulous ice caverns in the world; one of Austria's most spectacular castles; and a four-star culinary delight, Obauer. The riches of Werfen place it on a par with many larger, more highly touted Austrian cities.
Werfen at a Glance
Elsewhere in Eastern Alps
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's