The spire of the city parish church is easily noticed on the main street of Graz. The church itself was built early in the 16th century from a 15th century chapel, and later received baroque touches and an 18th-century spire. Tintoretto's Assumption of the Virgin decorates the altar. Badly damaged in World War II, the stained-glass windows were replaced in 1953 by a Salzburg artist, Albert Birkle, who included portrayals of Hitler and Mussolini as malicious spectators
at the scourging of Christ (left window behind the high altar, fourth panel from the bottom on the right).
Herrengasse 23, Graz, Styria, 8010, Austria