- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- free transportation to hotel
- laid-back vibe
- family owned
- 15-minute walk to town and slightly steep on your way back
- not a great bar
- no Wi-Fi
Check Rates from our Partners
Perched high above the town, this old-fashioned chalet has a sweeping view of the valley, and is an ideal base for skiers, hikers, and anyone who wants a quiet stay in the countryside. A lovely garden has a heated outdoor pool and breathtaking views. The rooms are furnished in typical rustic style, some more contemporary and some less. Everything is well maintained and the service is congenial. The owners take good care of their guests, and do not provide Wi-Fi as one way to keep the atmosphere stress-free.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I planned my trip using this forum and thought I should pay it forward and hopefully help someone else out there who is planning a trip. Read more
In the Easter holidays in 2013 we decided to go on a road trip in Europe, and picked out some countries. Read more
Need advice for my trip - 19 May - 3 June 2014.
Fly into Amsterdam and leave from Vienna.
Beginning at Amsterdam, my wife and I would like to travel by train and the 2 must visit place are Zermatt, Salszburgh. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more