- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- great location
- friendly staff
- intimate feel
- old-fashioned feel
Check Rates from our Partners
This traditional house in the center of town dates back at least 900 years. The personal style of the family that runs it is reflected in the charming country decor of the comfortable rooms. A "hunting lodge" directly on the lake, with several cozy apartments, makes for a romantic getaway. The main dining room and the informal Stube serve delicious fare, and the bar offers the tastiest pizza in town. The recently adapted wine cellar was opened to guests and friends of the owners for wine tastings of some of the best vintages.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Austria Experience IExplore
- $499 & up -- Transatlantic Cruises to Europe, Save $100 Norwegian Cruise Line
- Regal Central Europe IExplore
- Regal Central Europe — $9,895 IExplore
Three Meals, Three Countries Part I: Storks in Austria!
Obligation-free Saturdays were a rarity for us in the US, and we often "wasted" them by running errands, tending the yard, and so forth. As the Trailing Read more
We recently completed a Gate 1 Danube River Cruise with a 3 night pre-cruise extension in Prague and a 2 night post-cruise extension in Budapest.
In Prague, we stayed at the 5* Hotel Imperial, a lovely Read more
We returned two weeks ago from an exhausting but fabulous trip of these 3 countries. Read more
· News & Features
With a burgeoning food and drink scene, gorgeous green spaces, and festivals galore, Philly should be ... Read more
In Spain, the gin and tonic (called "gin tonics") is an art form with carefully chosen gin and small-batch... Read more
Hong Kong is known for great food, buzzing nightlife, inspiring attractions, and for having one of the... Read more