- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Stretches of the Isel River from Matrei down to Lienz are raftable from May to mid-October. The Drau, which always has enough water, is great for beginners. Hard-core rafters will enjoy the Schwarzach in the Defereggental. For outfitters, contact the Osttiroler Kajak Club in Lienz. 04852/61199.
Several companies offer rafting tours at prices beginning around EUR 25 per person and with a minimum of five people. White-water outfitters include Dieter Messner at Kids and Family Rafting. Ainet 41, Ainet, A-9900. 04853/5231.
Osttirol Adventures can help you with canyoning and paragliding. Ainet 108b, Ainet, A-9951. 04853/200-30. www.osttirol-adventures.at.
More Sports and Outdoors
- White-Water Rafting
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe