Eastern Alps Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Eastern Alps Hotel Reviews
This part of Austria is relatively inexpensive, except for the top resort towns of Bad Gastein and Zell am See. Even there, cheaper accommodations are available outside the center of town or in pensions. Note that room rates include taxes and service and almost always breakfast (except in the most expensive hotels) and one other meal, which is usually dinner. Halb pension (half-board), as this plan is called, is de rigueur in most lodgings. However, most will offer a breakfast-buffet-only rate if requested. Most hotels offer in-room phones and TVs. A few of the smaller hotels still take no credit cards, or if they do, will add a surcharge of between 3% and 5%. In the prominent resorts summer prices are often as much as 50% lower than during ski season.
Browse Eastern Alps Hotels
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's