- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Lovers of classical music will enjoy Carinthischer Sommer, a festival in July and August with a heavy emphasis on sacred and chamber music. The Musikforum Viktring near Klagenfurt brings together world-renowned classical, electronic, and jazz artists. Through the summer and early fall, villages big and small celebrate their patron saints. These festivals are called Kirtag and feature music, dance, horseback-riding competitions, and lots of wine and beer. This is also the only time that villagers will wear their century-old costumes. The Styriarte festival in Graz, from June to July, has classical music on the program. The Styrian Autumn festival, a celebration of contemporary art in October, or the Spring festival, an electronic-music event, are just two examples of the many events taking place in Graz throughout the year.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's