- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Best Western Hotel Kirchenwirt
At a Glance
- family run
- not a typical chain hotel
- quiet surroundings
- no elevator to lobby
- no staff to carry heavy bags
- a bit far from the center of town
Check Rates from our Partners
Best Western Hotel Kirchenwirt Review
An inn has stood on this lofty knoll since 1695, initially providing beds to those who made the pilgrimage to Mariatrost, the magnificent Rococo, daffodil-yellow basilica next door. Just 4 km (2.5 mi) northeast of Graz, the cheerful Kirchenwirt is in the middle of the lushly rolling countryside. A charming exterior of yellow walls and green shutters gives way to pleasant rooms with gorgeous vistas. The restaurant is truly outstanding; in fine weather you can enjoy a Wiener Schnitzel with beer or a fillet of perch with an Austrian wine served outdoors under huge chestnut trees.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I planned my trip using this forum and thought I should pay it forward and hopefully help someone else out there who is planning a trip. Read more
In the Easter holidays in 2013 we decided to go on a road trip in Europe, and picked out some countries. Read more
Need advice for my trip - 19 May - 3 June 2014.
Fly into Amsterdam and leave from Vienna.
Beginning at Amsterdam, my wife and I would like to travel by train and the 2 must visit place are Zermatt, Salszburgh. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching.... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more