Carinthia and Graz Sights

Advertisement

Domkirche (Cathedral)

Domkirche (Cathedral) Review

South of Neuer Platz (take Karfreitstraße) is the Domkirche, completed as a Protestant church in 1581, given over to the Jesuits and reconsecrated in 1604, and finally declared a cathedral in 1787. The 18th-century side-altar painting of St. Ignatius by Paul Troger, the great Viennese Rococo painter and teacher, is a fine example of the qualities of transparency and light he introduced to painting.

    Contact Information

  • Address: Domplatz, Klagenfurt, Carinthia, 9020 | Map It
  • Location: Klagenfurt
Updated: 07-31-2014

Fodorite Reviews

Be the first to review this property

Advertisement

· Map of Domkirche

Map of



Travel Deals
Forums