- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Hotel Palais Salzamt
At a Glance
- historic flair
- presidential suite features medieval frescoes
- rooms are spacious
- Some rooms face narrow lane and are dim
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Palais Salzamt Review
The majestic Renaissance palace—the town salt tax office from the late-18th century until 1935—is now a very trendy hotel in the city center. Its guest rooms are lushly decorated with deep, comfortable chairs and sofas, red- or blue-and-cream bed skirts, fluffy duvets, stuffed headboards that invite you to sit up in bed and read, and floral window shades flanked by long, elegantly striped curtains. Some rooms are whimsically regal, with fun red and gilt over-the-top furniture decorated with portraits and leopard-skin hearts. The house restaurant is in the massive, light-filled atrium and features Austrian cuisine.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I planned my trip using this forum and thought I should pay it forward and hopefully help someone else out there who is planning a trip. Read more
In the Easter holidays in 2013 we decided to go on a road trip in Europe, and picked out some countries. Read more
Need advice for my trip - 19 May - 3 June 2014.
Fly into Amsterdam and leave from Vienna.
Beginning at Amsterdam, my wife and I would like to travel by train and the 2 must visit place are Zermatt, Salszburgh. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching.... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more