Coral World Ocean Park
Coral World Ocean Park Review
This interactive aquarium and water-sports center lets you experience a variety of sea life and other animals. There's a new 2-acre dolphin habitat, as well as several outdoor pools where you can pet baby sharks, feed stingrays, touch starfish, and view endangered sea turtles. During the Sea Trek Helmet Dive, you walk along an underwater trail wearing a helmet that provides a continuous supply of air. You can try "snuba," a cross between snorkeling and scuba diving. Swim with a sea lion and have a chance at playing ball or getting a big, wet, whistered kiss. You can also buy a cup of nectar and let the cheerful lorikeets perch on your hand and drink. The park also has an offshore underwater observatory, an 80,000-gallon coral reef exhibit (one of the largest in the world), and a nature trail with native ducks and tortoises. Daily feedings take place at most exhibits.
- Address: Coki Point north of Rte. 38, 6450 Estate Smith Bay, Estate Frydendal, St. Thomas, 00802
- Phone: 340/775–1555
- Cost: $19, Sea Lion Splash $126, Sea Lion Encounter $86, Sea Trek $79, Snuba $73, Shark and Turtle Encounters $53, Semi-Submarine $41
- Hours: Daily 9–4. Off-season (May–Oct.) hrs may vary, so call to confirm.
- Website: www.coralworldvi.com
- Location: East End
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's