- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Ft. Christian Review
St. Thomas's oldest standing structure, this remarkable building was built between 1672 and 1680 and now has U.S. National Landmark status. Over the years, it was used as a jail, governor's residence, town hall, courthouse, and church. In 2005, a multimillion-dollar renovation project started to stabilize the structure and halt centuries of deterioration. The fort re-opened for public tours in 2013. Inside you can visit the inner courtyard and rooms, and from the outside, you can see the four renovated faces of the famous 19th-century clock tower.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Imagine this: an 8 mile "race" that on March 22, drew 1300+ runners from "everywhere" to St John. Read more
The trip from Cruz Bay to Coral Bay may only be 8 miles but it will take over 30 minutes of up, down, over, around, hairpin turns, on the left side of the road so you may need dramamine, but it is worth Read more
I volunteer as an animal rescue person and would like to find a Caribbean Island that does not have a big stray dog and cat problem - so I can go away and relax and not be depressed.
Any suggestions would Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more