- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Texas Pit BBQ
Texas Pit BBQ Review
The smell of smoky barbecue ribs, beef brisket, and chicken wafts enticingly from these mobile stands, which set up daily around 4 pm. Austin native and longtime Virgin Islands resident Bill Collins perfected his signature sauce, which received a thumbs-up from the late culinary great James Beard. Your choice of homemade seasoned rice, coleslaw, or potato salad completes the meal. There's no seating, but you can always head over to the nearest beach and make it a picnic. Besides the two Charlotte Amalie branches, you can also find one at the northern end of Red Hook Shopping Center.
- Address: Waterfront, across from Windward Passage Hotel Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas 00802
- Phone: 340/776–9579
- Location: Charlotte Amalie
- No credit cards.
- No lunch. Closed Sun.
- Red Hook Plaza, northern end of the parking lot, Red Hook, St. Thomas, 00802, 340/774–0610
- Wheatley Center, Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas, 00802, 340/714–5775
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Imagine this: an 8 mile "race" that on March 22, drew 1300+ runners from "everywhere" to St John. Read more
The trip from Cruz Bay to Coral Bay may only be 8 miles but it will take over 30 minutes of up, down, over, around, hairpin turns, on the left side of the road so you may need dramamine, but it is worth Read more
Hello! Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more