- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Water Island Review
This island, the fourth-largest of the U.S. Virgin Islands, floats about ¼ mi (½ km) out in Charlotte Amalie harbor. A ferry between Crown Bay Marina and the island operates several times daily from 6:30 am to 6 pm Monday through Saturday, and from 8 am to 5 pm on Sunday and holidays at a cost of $10 round-trip. (On cruise-ship days, a ferry goes direct from the West India Company dock, but only for those passengers on the bike trip.) From the ferry dock, it's a hike of less than a half-mile to Honeymoon Beach (though you have to go up a big hill), where Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett filmed a scene of the movie The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Get lunch from a food truck that pulls up on weekends.
- Address: Charlotte Amalie harbor, Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
- Phone: 340/690–4159 for ferry information
- Location: Charlotte Amalie
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Imagine this: an 8 mile "race" that on March 22, drew 1300+ runners from "everywhere" to St John. Read more
The trip from Cruz Bay to Coral Bay may only be 8 miles but it will take over 30 minutes of up, down, over, around, hairpin turns, on the left side of the road so you may need dramamine, but it is worth Read more
I volunteer as an animal rescue person and would like to find a Caribbean Island that does not have a big stray dog and cat problem - so I can go away and relax and not be depressed.
Any suggestions would Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more