St. Thomas Hotels
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
St. Thomas Hotel Reviews
The island's first hotels were all based in Charlotte Amalie, the hub of action at the time. Most people choose lodgings here to be close to the airport, to experience the charm of the historic district, or for convenience when on business. Over the years, tourism has trickled eastward, and today the major hotel chains have perched their properties on the beach. Those who want a self-contained resort that feels like an island unto itself head here. The location of these resorts makes island-hopping to St. John or the British Virgin Islands a breeze. Private villas dot the island, especially in the less populated north.
The following hotel reviews have been condensed for this book. Please go to Fodors.com for expanded reviews of each property.
Browse St. Thomas Hotels
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe