St. Thomas Feature
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to St. Thomas
Shop till you drop: Find great deals on duty-free jewelry, timepieces, and electronics along Charlotte Amalie's Main Street—but don't forget to pick up some locally made crafts as well.
Tell Fish Stories: Go in search of magnificent blue marlins and other trophy-worthy fish in the waters around St. Thomas from June through October.
Get Your Sea Legs: Charter a yacht (or just take a regularly scheduled day sail) to cruise between the islands any time of year, or join the International Rolex Regatta in March. It's also a short hop over to the British Virgin Islands from St. Thomas.
Hit the Links: Play through the "Devil's Triangle," an intimidating cliff-side trio of holes at Mahogany Run Golf Course.
Take a Dip: Swim at Magens Bay, considered by many to be one of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe