Bicycling in St. Thomas
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Water Island Adventures. In this company's fun biking trip, you first take a ferry ride from Crown Bay to Water Island and then jump on a Cannondale for 90 minutes of biking over rolling hills on dirt and paved roads. (On cruise-ship days, a direct ferry goes from the West India Company Docks, but this is only for cruise passengers who have booked the bike tour.) Explore the remains of the Sea Cliff Hotel, reputedly the inspiration for Herman Wouk's book Don't Stop the Carnival, and then take a cooling swim at beautiful Honeymoon Beach. Helmets, water, guides, and ferry fare are included in the $65 cost. Bike rentals are available on days when no tours are scheduled: call for details. Water Island, St. Thomas, 00802. 340/626–9815 or 340/690-4019. www.waterislandadventures.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe