- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
St. John doesn't have many beachfront hotels, but that's a small price to pay for all the pristine sand. The island's two excellent resorts—Caneel Bay Resort and the Westin St. John Resort & Villas—are on the beach. Most villas are in the residential south-shore area, a 15-minute drive from the north-shore beaches. If you head east you come to the laid-back community of Coral Bay, where there are growing numbers of villas and cottages. If you're looking for West Indian village charm, there are a few inns in Cruz Bay. Your choice of accommodations also includes condominiums and cottages near town; one campground at the edge of beautiful beaches (bring bug repellent); ecoresorts; and luxurious villas, often with a pool or a hot tub (sometimes both) and a stunning view.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's