- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Coral Bay Review
This laid-back community at the island's dry, eastern end is named for its shape rather than for its underwater life—the word coral comes from krawl, Dutch for "corral." Coral Bay is growing fast, but it's still a small, neighborly place. You'll probably need a four-wheel-drive vehicle if you plan to stay at this end of the island, as some of the rental houses are up unpaved roads that wind around the mountain. If you come just for lunch, a regular car will be fine.
- Address: Coral Bay, St. John
- Location: Coral Bay and Environs
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Imagine this: an 8 mile "race" that on March 22, drew 1300+ runners from "everywhere" to St John. Read more
The trip from Cruz Bay to Coral Bay may only be 8 miles but it will take over 30 minutes of up, down, over, around, hairpin turns, on the left side of the road so you may need dramamine, but it is worth Read more
I volunteer as an animal rescue person and would like to find a Caribbean Island that does not have a big stray dog and cat problem - so I can go away and relax and not be depressed.
Any suggestions would Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more