St. John Hotels
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
St. John Hotel Reviews
St. John attracts so many different kinds of travelers because accommodations come in all price ranges. Folks on a budget can sleep at Cinnamon Bay Campground. Cruz Bay has a few moderately priced guesthouses and no-frills vacation villas. Those with fatter wallets will have no trouble finding a room at the island's resorts or luxury vacation villas.
Condominium Resorts and Cottages
St. John does have several resort-style condo complexes. Many of the island's condos are just minutes from the hustle and bustle of Cruz Bay, but you can find more scattered around the island.
Private Condos and Villas
Here and there between Cruz Bay and Coral Bay are about 500 private villas and condos (prices range from $ to $$$$). With pools or hot tubs, full kitchens, and living areas, these lodgings provide a fully functional home away from home. They're perfect for couples and extended groups of family or friends. You need a car, since most lodgings are in the hills and very few at the beach. Villa managers usually pick you up at the dock, arrange for your rental car, and answer questions upon arrival as well as during your stay. Prices drop in the summer season, which is generally after April 15. Some companies begin off-season pricing a week or two later, so be sure to ask.
If you want to be close to Cruz Bay's restaurants and boutiques, a villa in the Chocolate Hole and Great Cruz Bay areas will put you a few minutes away. The Coral Bay area has a growing number of villas, but you'll be about 20 minutes from Cruz Bay. Beaches string out along the north shore, so you won't be more than 15 minutes from the water no matter where you stay.
Browse St. John Hotels
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $179-$209 -- U.S. Virgin Islands 4-Star Resort, 30% Off Westin St. John Resort & Villas
- $427 & up -- All-Inclusive Virgin Island Yacht Club Resort Bitter End Yacht Club
- $9000 -- Virgin Islands Family Yacht Charter, Save $2000 Amazing Charters
- $959 & up -- 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise Royal Caribbean
- $6797 -- British Virgin Islands 8-Nt. Villa, Save $971 — $6,797 On the Rocks Villa