Fishing in St. John
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Well-kept charter boats—approved by the U.S. Coast Guard—head out to the north and south drops or troll along the inshore reefs, depending on the season and what's biting. The captains usually provide bait, drinks, and lunch, but you need to bring your own hat and sunscreen. Fishing charters run about $1,400 for the full-day trip.
Offshore Adventures. An excellent choice for fishing charters, Captain Rob Richards is patient with beginners—especially kids—but also enjoys going out with more experienced anglers. He runs the 40-foot center console Mixed Bag I and 32-foot Mixed Bag II. Although he's based in St. John, he will pick up parties in St. Thomas. Westin St. John, 3008 Chocolate Hole Rd., Great Cruz Bay, St. John, 00830. 340/513–0389. www.sportfishingstjohn.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's