Sea Kayaking in St. John
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Poke around crystal bays and explore undersea life from a sea kayak. Rates run about $110 for a full day in a double kayak. Tours start at $65 for a half day.
Arawak Expeditions. This company's guides use traditional and sit-on-top kayaks for exploring Cruz Bay's waters. The company also rents single and double kayaks, so you can head independently to nearby islands such as Stephen's Cay. Mongoose Juction Shopping Center, North Shore Rd., Cruz Bay, St. John, 00831. 340/693-8312 or 800/238-8687. www.arawakexp.com.
Crabby's Watersports. Explore Coral Bay Harbor and Hurricane Hole on the eastern end of the island in a sea kayak from Crabby's Watersports. If you don't want to paddle into the wind to get out of Coral Bay Harbor, the staff will drop you off in Hurricane Hole so you can paddle downwind back to Coral Bay. Crabby's also rents snorkel gear, beach chairs, umbrellas, coolers, and floats. Rte. 107, next to Cocoloba shopping center, Coral Bay, St. John, 00831. 340/714-2415. www.crabbyswatersports.com.
Hidden Reef EcoTours. Coral reefs, mangroves, and lush sea-grass beds filled with marine life are what you can see on Hidden Reef's two- and three-hour, full-day and full-moon kayak tours through Coral Reef National Monument and its environs. Rte. 10, Round Bay, St. John. 340/513-9613 or 877/529-2575. www.kayaksj.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $427 & up -- All-Inclusive Virgin Island Yacht Club Resort Bitter End Yacht Club
- $6797 -- British Virgin Islands 8-Nt. Villa, Save $971 On the Rocks Villa
- $9000 -- Virgin Islands Family Yacht Charter, Save $2000 Amazing Charters
- $90 -- Virgin Islands: Former Sugar Refinery Inn, Reg. $100 — $90 Ole Works Inn
- $1490 -- Virgin Islands: Cooper Island Dive Trip, Save $295 — $1,490 Cooper Island Beach Club