- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Cane Bay Review
On the island's breezy North Shore, Cane Bay does not always have gentle waters, but there are seldom many people around, and the scuba diving and snorkeling are wondrous. You can see elkhorn and brain corals, and less than 200 yards out is the drop-off called Cane Bay Wall. Cane Bay can be an all-day destination. You can rent kayaks and snorkeling and scuba gear at water-sports shops across the road, and a couple of casual restaurants beckon when the sun gets too hot. Amenities: food and drink; water sports. Best for: solitude; snorkeling; swimming.
- Address: Rte. 80, about 4 mi (6 km) west of Salt River Cane Bay, St. Croix .
- Location: North Shore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
You can read about it here:
http://susannj.com/2013/11/07/another-wow-time-on-st-john/ Read more
My husband was held up at gunpoint by a couple young kids near Coki Beach, actually on Point Pleasant. Read more
The last time we were in St. Read more
· News & Features
Getting away to an island paradise without bringing along your passport? ... Read more
Looking for an island vacation this winter but don't want to be hassled by crowds?... Read more