St. Croix Sights

Advertisement

Danish Customs House Review

Built in 1830 on foundations that date from a century earlier, the historic building, which is near Ft. Christiansvaern, originally served as both a customshouse and a post office. In 1926 it became the Christiansted Library, and it's been a national park facility since 1972. It's closed to the public, but the sweeping front steps make a nice place to take a break.

Updated: 03-04-2014

Fodorite Reviews

Be the first to review this property

Advertisement

  • 8 TUFF MILES

    Imagine this: an 8 mile "race" that on March 22, drew 1300+ runners from "everywhere" to St John. Read more

  • St John - The East End - Aqua Bistro

    The trip from Cruz Bay to Coral Bay may only be 8 miles but it will take over 30 minutes of up, down, over, around, hairpin turns, on the left side of the road so you may need dramamine, but it is worth Read more

View more trip reports

· News & Features

View more blog stories