Golf in St. Croix
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
St. Croix's courses welcome you with spectacular vistas and well-kept greens. Check with your hotel or the tourist board to determine when major celebrity tournaments will be held. There's often an opportunity to play with the pros.
Buccaneer Golf Course. The Buccaneer Resort has an 18-hole course. It's close to Christiansted, so it's convenient for those staying in or near town. Greens fees are $90, with an additional $20 for cart rental. Rte. 82, Christiansted, St. Croix, 00820. 340/712–2144. www.thebuccaneer.com.
Carambola Golf Club. This spectacular 18-hole course in the northwest valley was designed by Robert Trent Jones, Sr. The greens fees, $125 for 18 holes, include the use of a golf cart. Rte. 69, River, St. Croix, 00820. 340/778–5638. www.golfcarambola.com.
The Links at Divi St. Croix. This attractive minigolf course is just across from the Divi Carina Bay Resort. Rte. 60, Turner Hole, St. Croix, 00820. 340/773–9700. www.divicarina.com. $8. Daily noon–8.
Reef Golf Course. This public course on the island's east end has 9 holes. Greens fees are $20, and cart rental is $15. Rte. 82, Teague Bay, St. Croix, 00820. 340/773–8844.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe