Fishing in St. Croix
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Since the early 1980s some 20 world records—many for blue marlin—have been set in these waters. Sailfish, skipjack, bonito, tuna (allison, blackfin, and yellowfin), and wahoo are abundant. A charter runs about $500 for a half day (for up to six people), with most boats going out for four-, six-, or eight-hour trips.
Gone Ketchin'. Captain Grizz, a true old salt, heads these trips. Salt River Marina, Rte. 80, Salt River, St. Croix, 00820. 340/713–1175. www.goneketchin.com.
Captain Festus. Captain Festus takes you to spots all around St. Croix on his 55-foot boat Sea Hunter. Kings Wharf, Christiansted, St. Croix, 00820. 340/277–1751.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe