Boat Tours in St. Croix
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Almost everyone takes a day trip to Buck Island aboard a charter boat. Most leave from the Christiansted waterfront or from Green Cay Marina and stop for a snorkel at the island's eastern end before dropping anchor off a gorgeous sandy beach for a swim, a hike, and lunch. Sailboats can often stop right at the beach; a larger boat might have to anchor a bit farther offshore. A full-day sail runs about $100, with lunch included on most trips. A half-day sail costs about $70.
Big Beard's Adventure Tours. From catamarans that depart from the Christiansted waterfront you'll head to Buck Island for snorkeling before dropping anchor at a private beach for a barbecue lunch. Waterfront, Christiansted, St. Croix, 00820. 340/773–4482. www.bigbeards.com.
Caribbean Sea Adventures. With craft leaving from the Christiansted waterfront, Caribbean Sea Adventures has both half- and full-day trips. Waterfront, Christiansted, St. Croix, 00820. 340/773–2628. www.caribbeanseaadventures.com.
Buck Island Charters. These charters are on two trimarans, Teroro II and Dragonfly, which leave Green Cay Marina for full- or half-day sails. Bring your own lunch. Green Cay Marina, Annas Hope, St. Croix, 00820. 340/773–3161. www.gotostcroix.com/heinz/index.php.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe